I was babysitting tonight and we did a sticker book...for two hours.
There were stickers of the American, Australian, Canadian, and UK flags. She said, "Let's do the miracle flag!" as she pulled the American flag off the page. Yea, the miracle flag.
So then it was my turn to pick a sticker and since I love the Canadians, I chose the Canada flag. I said, "Do you know what country this flag belongs to?" She said, "TREE!" I told her no, that it was the Canadian flag and that Canada is our neighbor to the north. The following conversation took place...
Her: Do you remember when they closed the north?
Me: No! They closed the north?
Her: Yes!
Me: They closed an entire country? That's a big country to close!
Her: Yea! They closed it and we had to come home the long way and I was really hungry.
Ok, so maybe the concept of "Canada is our neighbor to the north" is a hard concept for an almost-four-year-old to grasp but she has to learn sometime.
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment