My family and I have very different ideas of what "clean" means.
I cannot stand a messy house but a messy kitchen puts me over the edge.
Put that dirty silverware in the sink.
Rinse out that milk jug and put it in the recycling.
Throw that used paper towel away.
These simple tasks seem to be hard for my family. It literally drives me insane.
I have talked to my mom about it countless times. Each time she just stares and me and says, "ok" when I'm done. Sometimes I talk, sometimes I yell. I know I shouldn't yell but sometimes you get pushed over the edge, you know? I just told her about it again. I told her, I didn't yell, I kept my cool. There was a sandwich from Firehouse Subs on the stove, a baked potato from dinner on the table, and some dirty forks on the counter. PUT THE STUFF AWAY.
I have to stop. The more I talk, the more pissed I get. It's ridiculous.
If I could afford to move out, I would have been out the day after I graduated from high school. Now that Kyle is going into the Air Force (he leaves any time between Jan. 1 - March 20), I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will be a while (a year or two...hopefully less) but just knowing that we will have somewhere to call our own is enough to keep me from living in my car. Well, that and the fact that I drive a Mustang with almost no backseat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tag, you're it! :) Go read my blog to find out more.
Post a Comment