Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh God, I miss Book Traders.

Book Traders, my favorite book store back home.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to read twelve books this year. That's not a lot, a book a month. I may have finished one book last year, but the year before that? I read at least ten during the six months Kyle was in Texas. I'd come home, do what I needed to do, and then lay on my bed with the window open and read until dinnertime (and then bedtime.) Candace Bushnell, Sinclair Lewis, Frank McCourt, Tom Wolfe, among others...I had quite the mix.

This year I've read another Candace Bushnell (don't judge, they're fun and quick reads) and have been re-reading the Harry Potter series (I'm just about done with number three.) I've got another Bushnell, Flannery O'Connor, and the rest of the Harry Potter books waiting in the wings. I'm also planning on reading all of Chelsea Handler's books, and Push, if I can bring myself to.

What are you reading? What's the best book you've read lately?

2 comments:

magicbeanbuyer said...

My mom's a writer and is always suggesting books for me to read. I usually don't have a lot of time to read, but the last one she gave me was really good! I finished it in 3 days! Towelhead. I didn't even know they made a movie out of it. (not even close to as good as the book in my opinion). It was a heavy read, but a really great story.

Sailor July said...

I LOOOVE reading, however I have a hard time finding a book I can enjoy. I have weird taste, honestly.

Beside Sci-Fi and Fantasy, I like horror... But not modern horror. Not like Stephen King, either. More like... Dracula (by Bram Stoker.)

I also like various how-to, fiction survival (like how to survive a zombie attack,) manga... That type of reading.

Either way, I really can't wait to pay a visit to the library. <3

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online