Sunday, April 25, 2010

First hike of the season

Yesterday when I got home from yoga, I went about cleaning the kitchen and downstairs bathroom when my husband came down and said, "Do you wanna go hiking today? It looks nice out."

"Sure," I said, calmly. On the inside was jumping for joy, though. We're going hiking!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, sunny beyond belief and in the upper 30s-low 40s. A little breezy, though. (I was sure I'd never get a brush or comb through my hair again but whatever.)

We drove up to the Eagle River area and hiked around Eklutna lake. I can't wait to go back in the summer when the lake isn't covered in snow.

He bought those sunglasses in Hawaii so he double loves them.

I sat up on this rock and he said, "You look like a little kid." Yeah, thanks.

There was a wooden pole there, I'm sure it was put there just for people to use their self-timer to take pictures.

And of course some of the mountains, still covered in snow...
Taken with my zoom lens from across the lake.

Lens flare! Hurrah!

2 comments:

Sailor July said...

Wow, Alaska is beautiful. ^_^ Lovely pictures!

I love hiking. Well, I sort of love hiking. I'm pretty much okay and calm if there is a railing... But once that railing disappears, I get a bit nervous. Heights scare the crap out of me.

But there's nothing like completely a hike. <3

CW said...

Wow, so pretty! I love hiking also. But I live in Missouri, so my options are limited. We actually do have mountains here (the Ozarks) but they do not compare to the hikability of the mountains out west. I used to live in a remote part of Northern California where hiking is basically THE thing you do on weekends, and it was great. My dream is to hike Half Dome at Yosemite.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online