Anyway.
Spring is here, despite the six inches of snow we got yesterday, and it's time for me to put away those *&%#ing boots and sweaters. I'm wearing dresses and skirts at every chance I get (with tights, of course. It's still not above 40.)
Today I put on a black cotton dress and some tights with a grey cardigan and green flats. Kyle said he wasn't used to me wearing that much color. That much color. I had on two colors other than black: grey on my shoulders and green on my feet.
I kind of panicked. I never ever ever wore black in Florida. Not because it attracted the heat but because I just didn't. Now it's all I wear. My self-imposed uniform is a black shirt or sweater, jeans, and black boots. After the "too much color" comment, I decided that things have to change. I can't be an honorary Addams. (I'm pale enough to be one, believe me.)
So here are some things I love, a few I plan on actually adding to my wardrobe. I've got birthday money (oh hey, I turned 22 yesterday!) in my pocket and I'm thinking Sunday will be a great shopping day...
You've Got it Jade dress from Mod Cloth
Green!
Velvet Torch Stretch Poplin Dress from Nordstrom
With a cardigan and flats, this will be perfect for a summer outing. Until then, all I have to do is add tights to make it spring-proof!
Ruby Rox Sweetheart Dress from Nordstrom
I love this. Again, a cardigan and flats or sandals makes it a perfect Alaskan summer dress.
Susina Floral Skirt from Nordstrom
Can I get a pass to wear black with this? Because that neon yellow will not look good with my skin.
h.i.p. Ruffled Print Cami from Nordstrom
With jeans and sandals, this would be great for a summer night.
Belted Sateen Skirt from Forever 21
Perfect for the workplace.
Pleated Knee Length Skirt from Forever 21
I never wear purple because honestly? I don't like the color. I love this, though. You could easily dress it up or down.
Bobbinet Flounce Skirt from Forever 21
I'd never have the guts to wear this because, really, it's not me at all, but I do love it.
I haven't really gone shopping in a long time, I typically pick up a (black) shirt every once in a while at Target when I want to spice up my wardrobe but with summer coming and some changes in my life, I feel like it's time for a new wardrobe!

6 comments:
"Pleated Knee Length Skirt from Forever 21"
uhm. that ain't a knee length skirt. whoever told the people at forever 21 that it was? was wrong.
other than that, those are all super cute, and you'll look awesome! :D
p.s., yes, you get a pass for that neon skirt.
I meant to add that in my comments, haha! I'm assuming it would actually *be* knee length on me since I'm not a 5'7 model.
I love the Velvet Torch Stretch Poplin Dress and the h.i.p. Ruffled Print Cami!
I'm not much of a dress person - I LOVE dresses and ALWAYS find ones I like, but they rarely look good on me.
I'm hoping I can find some I like and can wear though...
I'm currently drooling over this: http://www.sheplers.com/womens/dresses/356b11.html
Good luck and take care with all the craziness going on!
Great choices! Love them. Just read your blog for the first time!
Love,
B
I'm so jealous that you actually have stores in Anchorage! Ever been to Fairbanks? Absolutely no where to shop!
That dress is fantastic, Angela!
Welcome, Becca!
Kacy- I've never been to Fairbanks but now I'm scared to! It's weird to hear someone say they're jealous of the shopping we have in Anchorage, lol.
Post a Comment