Thursday, April 22, 2010

An earring story


A few weeks ago, I ordered the above earrings. I was so excited because I had just started wearing earrings after a very long absence from the earring party.

I got them and immediately put them in. They were so cute! I wore them for the next few days, until I lost one of the backs (I believe it is somewhere in my closet) and took them out. I placed them on the bathroom counter in a little tray. When I was getting ready for bed that night, I noticed that there was only one earring in there.

I knew exactly what had happened to it: the cat. She has a habit of carrying things (wine corks, socks, hair clips) around in her mouth and I just knew she had gotten my earring down. I was furious.

We searched the bathroom floor (and garbage can), the bedroom, the computer room, downstairs, to no avail. I chalked it up as a loss and convoed Ashley to get another one. She thought it was hilarious and said she'd send me a replacement.

Fast forward to this weekend, Kyle and I are sitting on the couch and Lizzie cat is playing with something in the linoleum area that their litter box sits on.

The noise finally got to be too much for me so I hopped up and said, "What do you have?! MY EARRING!"

Somehow, my earring had been downstairs the whole time.

Needless to say, I didn't put it back in, I waited for my new one (which arrived today.)

We no longer leave jewelry in reach of the cats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love ashley's stuff at joyful star too! cute earrings.
i just awarded you the sunshine award on my blog. you can check it out at http://blissbeme.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-just-made-my-day.html if you like :)

Sailor July said...

I love Ashley's stuff too! Those earrings are so darling!

Cats, huh? I ALWAYS have my hair in a ponytail or bun and our little guy loves stealing my hair bands. He also will bring them all over the house, my MIL once found like... Five while cleaning under her couch!

Glad Ashley sent you a replacement!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online