Yesterday Kyle (he's home!) was getting ready to go snowboarding while I was getting ready to go to the gym. He insisted we leave at the same time even though we were going different places. (I know. Don't ask me.)
Me (putting my shoes on, singing very quietly): It's so hard with my girls not around me, it's definitely not a Nashville party. All I see are stilettos, I guess I never got the memo.
Kyle: What?
Me: Nothing, just singing.
Kyle: Yea, I know. But it sounded like...Miley Cyrus.
Me: Um...no. No. Definitely not.
Kyle: Yes you were! HYPOCRITE!
Me: Ok, I was. And I've never said anything bad about Miley...how am I a hypocrite?
Kyle: You said...Hannah Montana...HYPOCRITE!
Me: I've also never said anything about Hannah Montana. And they're not even the same person!
Kyle: YES THEY ARE.
So the rest of the night, he would tease me about it. We couldn't find anything to watch on TV but Hannah Montana was on. And since I had been recording all of his favorite shows while he was gone, we watched the Hannah Montana episode of Family Guy.
So later that night, with him still teasing me, I said, "Honey? I'm really concerned about the fact that you know a Miley Cyrus song when you hear one." He used the "I just got off of TDY where I didn't have control of the radio in the van so I had to listen to what everyone else listened to, which is top 40."
I tell you, if I've heard that once, I've heard that a thousand times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment