First, the failure. I was trying to do NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) this month. I was supposed to write a post every day. I lasted 3 or 4 days. I honestly don't have that much to talk about right now.
Life is a little dull at the moment. Kyle has been gone for the last three weeks or so on TDY. For those not familiar with the military, he's working on another base (in this case, Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL. Can we all reflect on the fact that I have five inches of snow in the yard while he's on the beach?) He gets back on the 20th which, honestly? Can't come soon enough.
Weekdays are the same since our schedules are totally opposite when he's here but weekends are horribly boring. We're trying to save money and Christmas is on the way so no more mindless shopping trips where I buy a shirt because "it might be good this winter." Thankfully our friend Jamie organized a comedy competition so my Saturday nights are taken now. otherwise I sit home and watch movies or do homework. Which isn't all bad...but it's nice to go out once in a while, you know?
I honestly didn't know how I would handle being here alone. The only people that I really talk to are the girls at work (and we don't really talk outside of work) and Jamie (who is an absolute doll.) I've handled it well, though. I haven't cried once. Ok, I take that back. I've cried at a sad song or two. I haven't cried over the fact that my husband is gone. I miss him very, very much but I get to use his pillow at night. It's a memory foam pillow. I'm too cheap to buy one for myself. It's nice, yall.
On the other hand, I have no motivation. Without him here, I have the car to myself and I can do (or not do) things at my own leisure. I don't know what go into me today but I went to the grocery store, post office and bank? Last Tuesday all I did was watch TV and think about how I should probably get off of the couch. I might have done a load of laundry as well.
He's on the short list to go to Thailand (JEALOUS) next year. It's good to know that I can handle being alone for a month at a time.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment