Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hug a Soldier

It's Veterans Day here in the states. Honestly, it didn't mean much to me until Kyle joined the military. Now it's kind of special. When Kyle gets out of the air force, he will be a veteran.

Newspaper clipping about my grandpa. He was an air force pilot during WWII. He joined when it was still the army air corp. (it became the air force in 1947 so...yea) and retired in the 60s or 70s. When I first showed Kyle this clipping, he said, "Megan? Your grandpa was a badass." Yes, I know. I only wish that he was still here. He never met Kyle and I know they would have gotten along famously. (Famously? Who am I this morning?)

So thank you, grandpa, for fighting in one of the worst wars of the 20th century and defending our freedom. Thank you to all soldiers, active duty, retired, and fallen. Thank you to my husband, cousins, father in law, and uncles who have all served. And that awesome Vietnam vet we met on the way up here. Thank you, sir.

1 comment:

caitlyn said...

That is so awesome that he fought in WWII. I bet it definitely means so much more to you now that your husband is in the service. My boyfriend recently got a tattoo portrait of his grandfather when he was in the navy. It is so special to him.

I love your blog lady! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online