Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Those are for baking.

The other day, Kyle and I were running a few errands, one of which was picking up a few things at the commissary. One of the things I wanted to get was bananas. (were bananas? Grammar police?)

So we go in there and go to the bananas. They are 79 cents/lb. He sees a sign for "Red Tape Bananas" that are 59 cents/lb. The red tape banana sign is on a lower shelf.

K: Why don't you get these? They're only 59 cents!
M: Because they're for baking.
K: No, they're regular bananas.
M: No honey, red tape means that they're brown and good for baking. And wrapped in red tape.
K: Oh.
I finally look down at the red tape shelf...
M: And there aren't even any down there wrapped in red tape.

Once again, I taught my kitchen and food savvy husband something.

2 comments:

Andhari said...

AWWW, what would he do without a super wifey like you?:)

I can't differ bananas either,

Tia Colleen said...

I don't buy bananas unless they're at least spotted. They're really hard for the body to digest until they get ripe. I like to make banana pancakes with the mushy ones. Yumm!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online