Monday, June 29, 2009

The Great Peppermint Incident of 2009

This is not unlike the great Cherry Chapstick/Katy Perry Incident of 2009, when I accidentally washed a tube of cherry Chapstick with Kyle's ABUs, thus getting little pink stains all over his sand shirts. Those stains don't come out. You think they will, but they won't.

Kyle has a horrible habit of not cleaning out his pockets before my washing his clothes. I have warned him because, even though I check his pockets, I quite often miss things. And I obviously do not keep track of what he keeps in his pockets. I just make sure his wallet, phone, and iPod aren't in there.

I do laundry on weekends and this weekend, when I got our jeans and dark clothes out of the washer, I noticed a peppermint wrapper with some melted peppermint still in there.

No big deal. I threw it away and took the clothes upstairs.

You can see where this is going, right?

I have to rewash half of those clothes because there are little pale pink peppermint spots all over our jeans. And the jeans I wore today? They had peppermint spots on them. I realized once I got home today. Fab.

I'm getting really good at being a wife.

3 comments:

jessicajane said...

i especailly like your "im getting really good at being a wife." sentence.....haha

yeah. i washed tims ipod (thank god it was just the shuffle) in his gym shorts. i didnt know his gym shorts even had pockets!!!

and just last night he was reminding me, "check my pockets before you wash anything."....i said, "you need to empty them when you take your clothes off!" haha.

so he shows me his id that absolutely cannot get washed...and they spelled his name wrong!

Andhari said...

Oh my god dont you just hate it when it happens? SO sorry, laundry is never nice to do.

becca.elpy said...

oh my gosh. my dad does that. when i was like 15, my mom did their laundry and when she was folding it up there was all this money in the dryer. Cash...about $200. She thought it was some kinda miracle until my dad came and told her that it was money from church (he was the treasurer). He'd thrown the bag in with his pants and...yeah. No miracle.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online