Friday, June 11, 2010

Put your hands in your pockets

Remember the post about my counting things? Yea, that's still going on. I don't mind it much, though. It gives me something to do when I have to watch a video about the Islamic cities of Spain and I can't stop fidgeting and I'm also really bored.

The thing that does bother me though, is my need to rearrange things. So much so, that I'm really thinking about making an appointment at mental health (in the base hospital) to make sure I don't have OCD. (But if I do, I have a totally valid excuse for doing the things I am about to tell you.)

On Sunday, Kyle and I went to the mall to use his birthday gift card and get him some new shoes. The shoes were all on little shelves on a wall, all facing the same way. Except for one shoe. One rebel shoe was facing the opposite way. I quietly leaned over and turned the shoe around.
"Will you stop touching things?!" Kyle said to me.

In his defense, that wasn't the first thing I had rearranged that day. I explained to him that at least I just rearranged one shoe, not a bunch of lotion like I did at Target the other day. His face looked like this...RIP Gary Coleman.

But really, I did. The lotion I was looking at was on the shelf in no order at all so I had to fix it. And the lotion beside it. But I was on a time crunch so that's all I had time to do.

So if you ever go shopping with me, please know that I touch things a lot and I will rearrange something. I don't know if it's a possible case of OCD or the fact that I worked retail for six months and can't stand to see a mess in a store because I know the poor worker there is going to have to clean it up.

1 comment:

Sailor July said...

I know how you feel, Meg... Once I have money, I want to get myself checked for being OCD. Sadly my problems are a little bit more extreme. However, I also touch EVERYTHING.

Good luck with everything.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online