Friday, June 4, 2010

Don't think I'm an idiot, I'm just bad at states.

We all have that thing we're bad at, right? For some people it's spelling or math or putting dirty dishes beside the sink instead of in the sink.

Or maybe that last one is just my husband. Ahem.

For me, it's geography. I'm not great at it and, sadly, I'm the worst when it comes to the location of US states. For example...


I used to work with a girl who was from Utah and when she'd go home and visit, they'd drive to Vegas for the weekend and I'd be all, "That's a long drive, isn't it?" and she'd say, "No, just four or five hours." Then I'd be all, "Where the hell is Utah?"

Also, I was fully prepared to write something like, "Yes, I know that's not Utah because it's Ohio." Double geography fail because THAT IS ILLINOIS.


I think New York is the northernmost New England state except for Maine, therefore every other state is below New York. Yea, I don't know either.


No explanation because I've been to Tennessee and most certainly know that it is not near Colorado. And? I've been to Illinois. I thought it was really lame so that's probably why I keep trying to replace it with other states.


That state is Montana. Thank you, Google.

What's that one thing you're really bad at?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am HORRIBLE at geography too! until just now i didn't know that montana bordered canada. oops. i guess here in canada we have it easier, only 10 provinces {and 3 territories. i dunno.} to learn.

on a related note, when the Tsunami happened a few years ago in Thailand {i think?} my friend asked me where TSUNAMI WAS. as if *that* was the place the giant wave hit.
she definitely fails the worst.

Katie said...

Haha, this made me feel pretty awesome about my geography skills. I really like maps, though, and memorizing things lists of things, which is sort of what geography is, so that's probably why I'm good at it...

I'm terrible at telling jokes. I can hear a joke and then five minutes later attempt to retell it. Somehow I end up giving away the punch line first or so garbling the lead up that the punchline doesn't make sense. Happens all the time. Actually, this pretty much happens with any story I attempt to tell verbally. I do much better if I can write it down. :)

magicbeanbuyer said...

This post is hilarious. I'm totally the same way. Thankfully it doesn't come up too often, so I continue to deceive my friends!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online