Saturday, June 5, 2010

Military Semi-Formal #1

Last night I attended my very first military formal. My husband's squadron won the award for best fighter squadron in the whole air force. That's pretty amazing. To celebrate, they threw a nice dinner party at Hotel Alyeska.

First was dinner...
They served steak, halibut, and rice. I nearly cried. I was starving and don't eat steak or halibut. (Have I ever mentioned that I'm a picky eater? I am.) I asked the waitress if they had any chicken dishes and she had them whip one up for me. I felt bad for being such a pain but who serves dinner without even telling people what they're having? It didn't matter, though. My chicken was amazing.

Dessert was better, though.

After everyone had eaten, a few generals and colonels gave speeches and then the trophy was unveiled...
It looks like the Stanley Cup, right?

After all that hubbub died down, we went outside for some fresh air and to take pictures...


Obviously the drinks were flowing all night. (I was the DD. Like always.)

My last military function (the squadron Christmas party, totally not formal) was lame. So lame. This one, though? It was great. Everyone had such a fun time and I honestly can't wait for another event!

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

Thats a great picture of you and Kyle :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online