I've been absent from the blog lately because nothing much has happened and also, I've been training for the Mayor's Marathon five miler (which was actually 5.6 miles. LIES.) It was yesterday morning.
I was really nervous. I expressed my feelings to my husband and he replied with, "Why? All you have to do is run." I told him that I was well aware of that but I still couldn't help but have butterflies in my stomach. It was my first race. What if I commit some sort of running faux pas or what if I come in dead last? What if I pass out? Because so far, 2010 has been the year of me passing out.
Thankfully none of those things happened. I had so much adrenaline going and so much Gaga blasting into my brain, there was no way I could have passed out or come in last. My official time was 1:05:05, 180th out of 351 runners/walkers. I felt awesome. I was on a runner's high all day and I honestly cannot wait for my next race!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Go Megan go!
Post a Comment