Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My words are jumbled but there's a coherent thought somewhere.

Like the title says, my thoughts are a jumbled mess on this subject.

We may be moving before the end of the year. Before September, actually.

Kyle's squadron is shutting down. We knew it would be but we expected it would happen in October of next year, not September of this year. It was a shock to us all.

No one knows what will happen to the guys (and gals) in the shop. We won't know anything until April. In the mean time, our minds are left to wander...

Will he move to the F22s?
If that happens, will we stay up here or will we move?

Will he stay on the F15s?
What base will we move to if that happens? Only a handful of bases are keeping them...we could go to any of those. (Wherever those are, I'm not even sure.)

Will he be moved to the F16s? What about that jet he dreams of working on? (It starts with an A. I can't remember what A stands for...attack?)

Where will we move? Will we even move?

This is a turning point for us, not only because it could be the end of our time in Alaska (and perhaps the beginning of our time in California or Europe) but because what happens here determines whether or not he stays in the air force. He loves the 15s and constantly sings their praises. They're far superior to the F22s in his eyes (as well as the rest of his shop.) If he moves to the 22s, I can't imagine him reenlisting.

I don't complain about the military lifestyle much because, honestly? I kind of like it. I like going places that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten the chance to. (Two years ago I had no interest in Alaska whatsoever. Now the thought of leaving makes me misty eyed.)

I can't wait to see what's in store for us. I try not to get my heart set on any certain base because we'll almost certainly get sent to the exact opposite base. But last time we wished for Florida and got Alaska...so I guess opposite isn't always a bad thing, right?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online