Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friday at the Movies: Rachel Getting Married

This week's Friday at the Movies post also happens to be my 500th blog post. Wee! *confetti*

This week's movie is 2008's Rachel Getting Married. It was directed by Jonathan Demme and stars Anne Hathaway, Rosemarie DeWitt, and Bill Irwin. I've been wanting to see this since it came out but never got around to it until now. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner.

Kym (Anne Hathaway) finishes rehab just in time to come home for her sister's (Rosemarie DeWitt) wedding. Kym is still dealing with her demons and the family has theirs as well. The filming style is similar to a reality show (at times it felt like I was watching an episode of Intervention.) That, combined with the incredible actors and actresses makes it feels very real and raw. Anne Hathaway gives an absolutely amazing performance. It's hard for me to watch this movie and remember that she's the girl from the Princess Diaries.


The girl in the purple is a bitch. Sorry for the language but I want to punch her in the face. That was the point of her character and she pulled it off wonderfully.



In short, I loved this movie. It was heartbreaking and at times painful to watch, but it's one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. I couldn't always tell what was going to happen next, which is a key component in a good movie if you ask me. Pick it up, rent it, order it on demand, watch it on TV, whatever tickles your fancy. This is a must-see.*

*I might be a teeny bit biased because I love Anne Hathaway so much. But really, it's an amazing movie and it's largely in part because of her.

2 comments:

Jamie Lovely said...

I really liked this movie and I'm a huge Anne Hathaway fan as well.

Congrats on 500!!

ashleyTIA said...

Anne Hathaway was awesome in this movie!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online