The challenge: Create a blue ensemble for the INC line at Macy's.
Guest judge: Everyone.
Goodness gracious. The color blue is the twist in this challenge? Yawn.
But with that said, I feel like I'm very qualified to judge this because I worked at Macy's for six months. I saw the INC clothes every single day. It's a gorgeous line of trendy clothes, some for work, some for play, and some that can transition beautifully.
The following clothes fit none of those descriptions. This was a horrible runway show. The winning outfit was the one that sucked the least. (Which, I suppose you could argue that every week, the winner is the one that sucks the least but lets say you have a choice between wearing Crocs, five-inch heels, or Uggs. They all suck, but you'd pick the heels because at least you'd look nice while your feet go numb.)
The winners: Irina & Gordana
Oh yea, they were in teams. But they still had to create two looks. Why were they in teams again?
The striped dress is the one that won. The judges fawned over it and Heidi said she'd wear it (which put Irina over the moon, and rightfully so.) I like the top and I love that they did that colorblocking themselves but I cannot stand how billowy the dress is. I don't understand putting a tent on a model who is something like 5'10" and a size two. In fact, I don't understand the babydoll/billowy/flowy trend at all. I hate it.
The other look? I hate as well. Irina explained that it was meant to go from the office to dinner. Really? You'd wear that to the office? I can't get behind extremely low cut things at work. And it's sheer. I swear I saw straight through that thing. Michael loved the top. Clearly all that self-tanner is going to Mr. Kors' head.
The striped dress is the one that won. The judges fawned over it and Heidi said she'd wear it (which put Irina over the moon, and rightfully so.) I like the top and I love that they did that colorblocking themselves but I cannot stand how billowy the dress is. I don't understand putting a tent on a model who is something like 5'10" and a size two. In fact, I don't understand the babydoll/billowy/flowy trend at all. I hate it.
The other look? I hate as well. Irina explained that it was meant to go from the office to dinner. Really? You'd wear that to the office? I can't get behind extremely low cut things at work. And it's sheer. I swear I saw straight through that thing. Michael loved the top. Clearly all that self-tanner is going to Mr. Kors' head.
The losing team: Louise & Nicolas


Did you guys know that Nicolas hates ruffles? Well he does. A LOT. But he didn't say anything to Louise about it because he had immunity this week. That was a jerkface move, Nicolas.
The navy dress isn't bad. I almost like it.
The other dress is awful, though. And as much as I like the shoes, they do not go with the dress at all. Those ruffles are just in such a strange pattern, a Y shape down her front. I was sad to see Louise go, especially since Nicolas could have said something in the design process that could have saved her. Good Lord, that dress is awful, though.
Carol & Shirin
I think these girls should have won. Both of the looks are tolerable, while only one of the winning outfits was tolerable.
I love the shirt/top office look. It was made to go from the office to a restaurant (or something) and I think it very easily could, with a few accessories, as Carol pointed out. Plus the red shoes work. I think. I don't know, I just like the shoes.
The other one looks a little cheap to me, despite the judges saying that it didn't. The neckline, which is what the judges fawned over, is lovely. I'm not a fan of the black & blue combo, though. I realize that's not entirely their fault, though. They had to use blue. With all of that said, it's not a horrible look.
I love the shirt/top office look. It was made to go from the office to a restaurant (or something) and I think it very easily could, with a few accessories, as Carol pointed out. Plus the red shoes work. I think. I don't know, I just like the shoes.
The other one looks a little cheap to me, despite the judges saying that it didn't. The neckline, which is what the judges fawned over, is lovely. I'm not a fan of the black & blue combo, though. I realize that's not entirely their fault, though. They had to use blue. With all of that said, it's not a horrible look.
Christopher & Epperson


I was expecting so much more from these two! They're two of my favorites and they turned out these two horrible looks that don't look like anything they would turn out.
The bubble shirt...first off, it's teal. It's almost green, so it's not blue. You had one rule for this challenge and you can't even follow it? Michael Kors used the phrase "disco pumpkin." What? Michael, doll, you have really got to stop with the self-tanner because obviously it is messing with your head. I mean, this isn't a good look but nothing about it screams "disco" or "pumpkin." (I mean, the shape is sort of shapeless so you could argue that it's a pumpkin shape but that's a stretch.)
Ok, enough dissecting Mr. Kors' crazypants phrases. This was a bad look. The end.
The shirt dress was also awful. I wanted to like it because I like shirt dresses and I wish so desperately that I could pull them off. I wanted to like it but when she turned the corner onto the runway, I thought, "She better put on some socks and start sliding across the floor to some oldies RIGHTTHISSECOND." Because she looks like Tom Cruise in Risky Business. And the fabric is shiny...the horror!
The judges were extremely hard on Christopher (he was the team leader) causing him to have a breakdown of near Andrae proportions. Epperson just looked pissed. The end, part II.
Logan & Althea
The first outfit over there is pure Althea. It reminded me of this outfit. It was ill-fitted (by the time she got back to the end of the runway, her butt was practically hanging out) and the undershirt was an awful color. Moving on...
The second outfit is not blue. The fit is HORRIBLE. The top is probably one of the worst fitting things I've ever seen, on Project Runway and in real life. I'm sure those on the sidelines got a side-view of her goods. Even the pants are poorly fitted (and ugly.) I think these two just got lazy because I don't think there could be any other excuse for these two ensembles.
The second outfit is not blue. The fit is HORRIBLE. The top is probably one of the worst fitting things I've ever seen, on Project Runway and in real life. I'm sure those on the sidelines got a side-view of her goods. Even the pants are poorly fitted (and ugly.) I think these two just got lazy because I don't think there could be any other excuse for these two ensembles.







1 comment:
I missed this episode, and therefore I applaud you for your ridiculously amazing recap posts. That's actually my first thought when I know I'm going to miss an episode. I'm all, "Well, Megan will recap it anyway, so whatevs."
Heehee.
Anyway - yeah, it kind of seems a little bit ridiculous to have the twist be, "Make it BLUE!" Random and kind of boring. But, whatever. They seem to be running low on ideas?
For the record, I definitely like Carol & Shirin's first look. Pretty! I agree with the red shoes - the perfect punch of color. And I think that I would actually wear that dress. Me likey.
Oh, and I totally giggled when I read this: "Michael, doll, you have really got to stop with the self-tanner because obviously it is messing with your head." Hahaha! You are hilarious. I love it.
Post a Comment