The judges: Bob Mackie and Christina Aguilera and who cares because NINA GARCIA IS BACK.
Yes, Nina is back. But now Michael is gone. When do we get both of them? I was extremely glad to have Nina back because I know she would have done things differently this season. She needed to show them how to do these things. So anyway...
The winner: Carol Hannah

This was another case of "the one that sucked the least won." It's a pretty dress but it is in no way Bob Mackie-eqsue or evokes feelings of, "Christina Aguilera would wear that."
And it's supposed to be a stage costume. I'm assuming that means that Christina would wear it while performing on stage at a concert or on tour. How the heck is she supposed to move in that thing? Miss Aguilera isn't known for her dancing but she should be able to move her legs more than five inches at a time.
With all that said, I'm glad CH won. I really like her and she certainly deserved some recognition.
The aufee: Shirin


I'll never understand why she made a flowy gown. Boring colors, boring design, blah all around. And is it just me or does the model's stomach look TOTALLY BIZARRE in the first picture? Like she's pregnant but only one side of her is pregnant. Whatev. I'm glad Shirin is gone, she annoyed me to no end.
Nicolas

I thought for sure the judges were going to LOVE this. It's pretty and she could move in it on stage. The problem being that this is almost identical to his ice-queen dress and it looks like an ice skating outfit. Bob Mackie commented on CH's dress saying he's glad she didn't shorten it because it would have looked like an ice skating outfit.
Hello, Mr. Mackie, this is an ice skating outfit RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
Logan
I don't have much to say about this. It's hideous on all counts. IT LACES UP THE SIDE. WTF? The little capelet thing is awful. It's just bad.Irina
A for effort, sh*t talker.Is she not a total beyotch? She's lucky she's a good designer, that's all I'm gonna say. Ok, no. That's not all. She said CH didn't have a good personality. Um, hi. CH has a great personality. I'd like to hang out with CH. You? Not so much.
This wasn't an awful look, just another look that wasn't Mackie or Aguilera-esque. From this far away, it actually looks kind of like lingerie.
Gordana
Heidi told her that she's lucky she has immunity this week. Holy mother, was she right. This looks is so awful. It's a bad design that was poorly executed. On top of that, it didn't cater to the challenge at all. There is nothing over-the-top about this, nothing that would make her stand out on stage. (Or even on the red carpet.)I did feel bad for her, though. Gordana was clearly stressed out, something we've never seen from her.
Christopher
It's not good. BUT...I think with a little tweaking, it would have been the best for Christina. Well, it would have been the best for Dirrrty X-tina. She's out of that phase and to be honest, I don't keep up with Christina Aguilera so I don't know what she's into now. But for the Christina I remember, something like this would have been perfect.But like I said, THIS exact outfit needs some tweaking. The bustier and the shorts don't go together at all, they need to somewhat match. The bustier needs to fit her, not stand away from her body by a few inches.
Althea
Eh. Another middle of the pack entry from Althea. The shrug is awful but the dress is decent. It looks a little cheap but then it is made of sequined fabric. Again, with a little tweaking, I think this could have been great for today's Christina. It seems easy to move in (because again, Christina isn't known for her dancing) and she could totally do that 40s-50s look she was rocking a few years ago.Is it me or do I always do Althea last? It's not intentional, I swear.

1 comment:
I like Nicolas's dress the best. A bit ice queen-ish but come on, it's pretty. It would look good in deep red too.
Post a Comment