A few months ago, my boss at the coffee shop told me that she had an extra CostCo card if I ever wanted to use it. I thought, "We don't need anything in bulk, it's just the two of us...except tortilla chips. We can put away some tortilla chips. Nah...we don't need anything in bulk."
But last week, after wondering where the heck to buy canned pumpkin (apparently there's a pumpkin shortage), @Anniepants told me that CostCo had it, three cans for about $5.
A week went by while I tried to convince myself that I needed to go to CostCo because they have pumpkin.
So I got the extra card today and I went. I forgot how exciting large quantities of common household items is. 200 garbage bags?! We'd be set for life! A 10lb. bag of red new potatoes? Yes, please! 4,200 address labels? HECK YEAH, PUT IT IN THE BUGGY!
I was excited. (Which goes to show you that my life is truly average.)
After my excitement over those random things (and finding part of my sister's Christmas present...Kyle pulled it out of the bag with a look that said, "what. the. eff. WHAT IS THIS?!") I ended up going to Fred Meyer anyway because apparently I can't buy a small tub of butter at CostCo. It's a year's supply or nothing.
But seriously. I'm excited about my 4,200 address labels (that I THOUGHT were $7 but turned out to be $24.) I think I could only be more excited if I had gone into their little liquor store and bought the world's biggest bottle of wine.
Next time, next time.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A month supply of liquor sounds really interesting..:D especially white wine, or smirnoff ice when you feel a bit playful..
Sounds like fun! There's just two of us (mom and me) so we don't have any memberships with CostCo/Sam's Club. But I do think they would save us a lot of money, in the long run. At least for the big stuff that you keep buying extras of, like toilet paper, trash bags, snacks, water, etc.
Post a Comment