Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stepping into the Twilight Zone


{Picture on my memory card this morning.}

My husband works nights, or as the military likes to call it, "swing shift." He goes in between 1-4PM and gets off anywhere from midnight-3AM.

A lot of his friends also work swings and since they all live in the dorms, they congregate at our house to hang out. This doesn't happen every night, usually once or twice a week. Thank GOD.

They're rowdy. Get some alcohol in them, and they're really rowdy. Our house is small...and connected to other houses (we live in what I like to call a "quadplex" even though there are about eight houses all connected.) They wake me up in the middle of the night with their wrestling (I have some pictures of that but I'll spare you) and giggling. Yes, I swear they giggle. And play light as a feather, stiff as a board. And give each other makeovers.

Just kidding.

They drink beer, vodka, or Captain and Coke.

They also...
  • knock the pantry doors off their track
  • leave shot glasses, empty Coke cans, and various bottles of liquor on the counter
  • play XBOX
  • apparently watch football games (because this morning, Kyle kept saying, "Guys, it's halftime!" in his sleep.)
Despite all of these things, and my being awoken by a loud THUD at 4AM causing me to text Kyle and say, "Take it down. We have neighbors. You've woken me up 2 or 3 times," I still love those guys.

But if one of them touches my camera again, heads will roll.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online