I normally don't start up my laptop until the afternoon. I use my parent's computer to check my email/Etsy in the morning.
So this morning I get my tea and turn on the computer. I get this weird black screen so I click it to start Windows normally. Then I get a blue screen. It says "PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE."
Oh crap. I don't know what that means but "physical memory dump" doesn't sound like a good thing. I know that Kyle will know what to do but it's 9AM and he's not awake.
So I start up my laptop and Google it. Apparently that is called the "blue screen of death." BUT if you restart it 2-3 times, it will go away and your computer will be ok. So I wait until about noon and I try it again. Still getting that blue screen.
"Hey Kyle, I have a computer question for you."
"Ok."
"Did I wake you up?"
"No."
"Ok, good. Um, I'm getting this screen on my parent's computer that says "physical memory dump complete."
"Um.....yea, that's called the blue screen of death. Not good."
"Yea I know, I Googled it."
"Did you restart it?"
"Yes. About 3 times."
"Well, try it again. Or 2 more times if you want. If that doesn't work, you'll have to blah blah blah computer talk that is a foreign language blah blah blah."
"Ummmmm, ok. I'm not gonna mess with it."
I don't speak computer. I have no idea what he said and I have no idea what my Google search told me to do. So my parents are without computer right now but I know it's my sister who is hurting...she can't check her Myspace.
OH THE HORROR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I hate that! My hard drive completely fried itself late last year and I had to pay an expert untold $$$ to rescue vital files and then declare it done-for.
You're lucky it was your parents' computer. You're lucky your boyfriend speaks "computer". And really... your sister's lucky she can't check her MySpace. But I'm sure she won't see it that way... ;)
Ha! Yes, I know it's lucky that she can't check it but I think I'm the only one, lol. I you have no idea how thankful I am to have a computer geek b/f. :D
Post a Comment