This morning on the way to class, I noticed a few new road signs. Notably, two road signs indicating that a McDonald's was on this exit.
I was taken back to elementary school, 2nd or 3rd grade. There was a book fair going on and at the fair, there was a book called Crafts for Girls. I wanted it. Bad. Another girl in my class, Sam, also wanted it. There weren't many copies of it so it was really crucial that I get this book. I went home, told my mom about it, and went to school the next day ready to buy.
"I bought the last Crafts for Girls," Sam said.
"Awww, you stink," I told her.
Then we started talking/arguing about who is craftier and who has the craftier grandma. MY grandma sews, crochets, and does flower arranging. Take THAT SAM! Then we started throwing out crazy (but extremely logical to a 2nd grader) things that our grandmas could make.
Towels
Road signs
Desks
You get it.
So a few days later, my mom and I were on the interstate, going to the mall. I looked out the window at the road signs and said, "Mom? Could nanny make road signs?"
"Well, if she was given the stuff I guess she could."
And I was content. My nanny could make road signs.
I thought about that today and how my mom was probably fighting back a laugh because that is one of the most ridiculous questions ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aww, love it!
Post a Comment