I went shopping with my mom and sister today and we met up with my nanny, aunt, and great-grandma.
My great-grandma is 84 and she has alzheimer's. It's bad. Really bad. Before you think we're a bunch of insensitive jerks, let me tell you that you have to laugh at this disease. If you don't, you will go insane, I promise.
So I'm walking around the store and I run into her. I said, "Hey memaw!" She looked at me like I had 4 noses and said, "Hello."
A little later I was telling my mom and nanny about it and we had a little laugh. Right then, my memaw walked up and my nanny asked her if she knew who I was. She looked me up and down and said, "No. I don't guess I do." My nanny said, "Mama, that's Megan. That's Gina's Megan." She looked me up and down again and I just smiled at her. She said, "Oh, it is? Well you've slimmed down a bit, haven't you?"
I thought my mom was gonna lose it. She had to cover her mouth and walk away, she was laughing so hard.
I don't know what that was supposed to mean though, I'm the same size I always have been. Normally she tells me that I'm gonna waste away if I don't eat (*ahem* pot calling the kettle black since she's not much bigger than me) or she asks if I'm ever gonna grow.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment