Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two, four, six, eight, ten...yep, all there.

I count things. Everything, almost.

The cars that pass me as I drive, the screws in public restroom stall doors (what originally made me realize that I count things), lights, ceiling tiles, footsteps, concrete panels on the sidewalk and how many footsteps I can get into each one.

I rhythmically tap my teeth and count the taps.

I count facial features by twos. Two eyebrows, two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, two lips. Two, four, six, eight ten. Two, four, six, eight ten. Two, four, six, eight ten. I've done it a million times.

I've never been tested for OCD but as I write this, I sound like a contender. Until it becomes a problem in my life, I'll just consider it a quirk. This is a legitimate quirk, not like the quirk where I say "1234!" whenever the clock hits 12:34. That's just to annoy my husband.

Do you have any quirks?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I have a friend that does that, she counts everything and especially the whole trying to pair up facial features and stuff

Sailor July said...

Hmmm, I count various things every now and then, but... I read EVERYTHING. Boxes of crackers, the back of facial products (I hate acne,) shampoo bottles, etc.

I don't know why, but I just do. :P

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online