A few weeks ago, I cracked open my copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban to re-read it. The book had been untouched for years (probably since the first time I read it around 2000) so it didn't surprise me that this gem was hiding in there...
That's me. The first year I played softball. My best friend at the time played and it looked like fun. Too bad I was horrible.
But what's this? My stats are on the back? (Ok, so not really stats. Just facts about me.)
Let's break this thing down...
1. That is my name.
2. That is my birthday.
3. I was eight years old.
4. I was four feet, two inches tall. Nice to know I've grown exactly eleven inches in the past fourteen years.
5. I weighed fifty-one pounds. Which means that I have merely doubled my weight since I was eight. I told you I've always been small!
6. Favorite position: great ball player? BS. I was horrible. They stuck me out in the outfield because they knew that little league softball players rarely hit anything into the outfield. I spent most of the games smelling my glove. I am not kidding.
I did one more year of softball and called it quits. I knew I was horrible and I was absolutely terrified of the ball. (The fact that my dad gave me a black eye while throwing it with me one day didn't help.)

4 comments:
Great flasback!! Im lovin the details on that card, and I'm sure you weren't THAT bad!
Have a great weekend!
Hey I started out in centerfield the first year I played softball, I was 6 years old. I played until I was 14. Enjoyed your Flashback, stopping by from the list.
I love the stats :) I look back at old things that I wrote on all the time and think "what was I talking about?" I never played softball, which is a good thing because I can hardly hit a volleyball with a tennis racket! I have horrible aim and I'm sure if I had, I'd probably have the worst batting average in the world. I played soccer for 4 years and I'm thankful I never had a "bubblegum card" made from any of my soccer pics!
Ahhh, cute little baby Megan!!!!
Post a Comment