Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Instant Karma?

I am normally a firm believer in karma. It makes sense, right? You do something good, something good will happen to you. What goes around comes around, it's a no brainer. But lately I am thinking that karma is a sham. That's right, I'm starting to think that karma isn't real.

Why am I being so bitter you ask? Well, it's my job. I'm not going to say where I work but let's just say that it is a major (MAJOR) department store. I work my butt off for $7.50 an hour. Yep, $7.50 an hour to clean the department and deal with wicked old ladies who want a bra that hasn't been made since 1972. (Which, coincedentally is the last time they went shopping). We also get commisson but come on, when you don't sell anything are you gonna get commission? Nope. But this isn't why I'm second-guessing karma. I'm second guessing karma because when I went into work this afternoon, my department was an absolute freaking disaster. I have never seen any department in any store look this bad. (And I shop a lot) Come to find out, the other woman in my department has been out sick since Thursday. THURSDAY. That means Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday no one that has a clue about lingerie was in my department. Not a soul. Where was my manager? God only knows. Anyway, I set to cleaning and straightening. I knew it would take me a while but I had no idea it would take me 6 (SIX) hours. Six hours! I am exhausted.

Now I know you're thinking, "what does this have to do with karma?" It has almost everything to do with karma. When I cover for another department, I make sure that it is clean when I leave. I put clothes away and I pick things up off the floor. If I don't know where it goes, I don't just shove it somewhere, I try to find it and if I can't, I put it up on the counter. So why is it so hard for someone to do the same for me? I don't know but it really pisses me off.

I'm not looking to find a wad of cash on the ground or win the lotto, all I want is for someone to treat my department the same way that I treat theirs. What goes around comes around, right? Either karma is fake or I am racking up quite the karma bill and I'm gonna get something really good.

Good night, sleep tight.

XO-
Megan

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online