Sunday, November 18, 2007

Today

This afternoon, I looked through old photos that were my grandpa's. (Some are here.) They were beautiful and they reminded me of what a beautiful person he was. I looked at some of his old passports. Egypt, Switzerland, Saudia Arabia, Czechoslovakia, Italy, Greece. Amazing.

I found myself remembering what a storyteller he was. He could talk for hours. I then found myself wishing that he was still here. I am so lucky, I had two amazing grandfathers. I am crying as I type this because I know that they had to be the two greatest men on the planet. I hope that as I grow up, I can be like them.

I found some amazing photos of WWII airplanes (see link above) and I think I'm going to shrink them down and frame them for Kyle for Christmas. I think it is perfect since he is going into the air force in March. Much better than a crappy DVD that he can't even watch.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online