Friday, November 23, 2007

Green tip of the day (aka The Christmas Threat)

Disclaimer: Although the title makes it sound like it, there will not be a green tip everyday. Sorry.

Over the past few months, I have become more and more eco-friendly. With the holidays approaching, I thought of all the wrapping paper, boxes, and bags that we throw away every year and how I can avoid that this year.

I thought about wrapping gifts in newspaper and tying them with a red or green ribbon soI don't look cheap. (I may still do this.) However, I just wrapped the first gift of the season and I used an old issue of Rolling Stone and some red ribbon. Not the whole issue, that wouldn't be all that eco-friendly, now would it? Looks awesome if I do say so myself. It's for Kyle so he will probably think that (a) I have gone crazy or (b) I can't afford wrapping paper and I am so stubborn that I won't ask my mom if I can borrow some. BTW, wrapping paper is public domain. I don't have to ask to use it. I'm sure I'll have to give a disclaimer with his gift too. Anyway, maybe I'll post pics tomorrow.

So where's the Christmas threat?

Right here: If you are so lucky to recieve a gift from me and it is wrapped in some sort of recycled something instead of super cute wrapping paper from Target...suck it up! Or else! Or else what? I don't know. I'll take your gift back or something.


Ahem.

So feel free to share your eco-friendly gift wrapping tips.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online