Well in the town where I was raised,
the clock ticked and the cattle grazed.
Time passed with amazing grace,
Back where I come from.
You can lie on a river bank,
paint your name on a water tank.
Miscount all the beers you drank,
Back where I come from.
For me, nothing brings back memories like hearing a Kenny Chesney song. Especially ones like that.
Here in about five months, I will be married and I will no longer be living in Florida. I will be in Alaksa. This is not a joke. We have to be at Elmendorf AFB no later than October 21.
I am very excited about going somewhere new and different but, and I never thought I'd say this, I will miss Auburndale. I will miss days on the lake or the beach in the summer and cook-outs in the fall. I will miss my flip-flops and tank tops. I will miss my family most of all. That's what Kyle is so bummed out about, being so far away from his family and friends. After four years in Alaska, I'm sure we will settle back in Florida.

2 comments:
Alaska? OMG. OMG. Wow. For four years? Wow.
:)
I feel your pain. I'm from SC but we had to move to Wyoming for my husband's job (even less populated than Alaska! Though closer to a big city). It definately takes some getting used to, but it'll be such an interesting life experience. And think of the great photo ops! I've been to Alaska once and it really was as beautiful as I had hoped. But take care during those long winters and save up your frequent flier miles so you can get some winter sun!
Post a Comment