My 18th birthday was one month before high school graduation. And almost exactly one month before my 18th birthday, I was in a car accident. My car was totaled and I am lucky to be typing this story today. I was hit on the driver's side of my little Mustang by a Chevy S-10. Have you ever seen a Chevy S-10? They're not big trucks, but she was flying, therefore totaling my car. I broke both bones in my forearm and had to have plates and screws put in (no, they will never come out.) I had stitches in my arm and my head, and had the biggest, most disgusting bruise on my knee in history.
Anyway, being a high school senior with a job, I needed another car. I was out of work and school for several days so I spent a lot of time looking at cars online. I loved my Mustang, I mean loved my Mustang and wanted another. I found one practically identical but my dad refused to even go look at it because it was in Tampa (a whole hour away.)
The night of my birthday, my parents threw me a surprise party. They led me outside to a brand new 2006 Ford Mustang. White. Gold stripe down the side. Beige interior. Just like my other one, only six years newer.

I can't wait until Kyle is out of the military and he can grow the 'fro again.As it turns out, my parents bought this car sight unseen. The dad of a little girl that I used to baby sit for worked at a Ford dealership and hooked my parents up. Thank you, John, and thank you, mom & dad.
I had to leave that car in Florida when we moved and I was so sad. I thought I'd never find a car I liked as much as I liked my Mustang(s.) Then I found the Volvo and you couldn't pry that thing from my cold, dead hands.
Disclaimer: My parents are not rich in any way. I am not spoiled. I am probably the most stubborn, independent person you will ever meet. (Once my mom offered to buy me a bottle of fancy lotion and I was like, "No, mom," and she was like, "It's only $6. I'm going to buy it, it's not a big deal," and I was like, "No. God, fine, whatever.") My dad is just super protective, especially with cars, and especially after that accident. Also, he is a Ford man and I thought he would disown me when we bought a Volvo and a Subaru.
I had to leave that car in Florida when we moved and I was so sad. I thought I'd never find a car I liked as much as I liked my Mustang(s.) Then I found the Volvo and you couldn't pry that thing from my cold, dead hands.
Disclaimer: My parents are not rich in any way. I am not spoiled. I am probably the most stubborn, independent person you will ever meet. (Once my mom offered to buy me a bottle of fancy lotion and I was like, "No, mom," and she was like, "It's only $6. I'm going to buy it, it's not a big deal," and I was like, "No. God, fine, whatever.") My dad is just super protective, especially with cars, and especially after that accident. Also, he is a Ford man and I thought he would disown me when we bought a Volvo and a Subaru.

1 comment:
Eek! That sounds terrifying! I'm surprised your parents even let you near a car after that accident.
My little sister is 2 years away from driving a car and I worry! No matter how careful you are, there's always the other nuts on the road you have to watch out for.
Post a Comment