I think it's fun when things from a past era come back into fashion. (Legwarmers, tights, etc.) I always hear people say stuff like, "I lived through the 80's, I don't wanna go back." And I never understood them. I think it's fun, but then, I only lived through 2 years of the 80's. I rocked the day-glo socks, side ponytail, and Rainbow Brite well into the 90's.
Today I understand those nay-sayers to 80's (and beyond) fashion coming back.
I started thinking about what it would be like to live in every decade of the past century, being 20 years old the entire time. It would be fun, right? I thought I'd start in the 20's and go all the way up to now. Then I thought, "You know, I lived through the 90's. I don't wanna go back."
The 90's was a horrible decade as far as fashion goes. Horrible. Grunge, babydoll dresses, heroine chic...need I say more? I remember my cousin (who is 7 years older than me) had a pair of silver Doc Martens back in the day. Silver. They looked like freakin moon boots. Now I am going to have nightmares because of those hideous boots. And I can remember being 5 or 6 years old and seeing flannel shirts everywhere. Even back then, I knew that a flannel shirt was a sin unless you are a lumerjack. I was a smart kid.
Yes, I know the title has nothing to do with the entry but that song is stuck in my head and I figure if I titled a blog post "King of Pain" that it would get out of my head. Clearly I need to work on my logical thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment